“Frankly I didn’t appreciate that HR could be such a progressive function. The impact of our HR strategy has led to us being a completely different business to the one we were 18 months ago” M.D International Logistics Group.
The Conference saw a range of classic HR approaches successfully applied to that company which had had struggling managers, a high turnover of staff and sickness and a range of limitations that were hampering its profitability and ability to grow. The leadership development which then followed this initial success was described as “ground breaking” by the Directors.
Other case studies demonstrated:
- High levels of employee engagement at Duo-boots created through effective performance management.
- A “passion about people” philosophy being maintained during rapid growth at Just Eat via a training course for line managers which was used to embed effective practices.
- Retention of key values of care during expansion of a medical appliance delivery company through involving employees directly as demonstrators in training videos.
- Keeping an entrepreneurial spirit and sustainable brand culture at new player Ovo Energy by emphasising the company story and utilising digital employee communications.
- The value of attracting and retaining the best talent at Public Relations leader Shine Communications
Employer Solutions seeks to help new and existing clients to go on similar journeys.